Igi 4794

No problem, I figured that is what you meant. Do you use the 4786 for votives?

Yes I do make all my votives with 4786, it usually comes out of the molds easily if not I just stick in the fridge for a little while and they slide right out. I have had many positive comments on my votives, because of the scent through, one customer stated these only candles that I can still burn and smell after having them a year.

Pam

Yes I do make all my votives with 4786, it usually comes out of the molds easily if not I just stick in the fridge for a little while and they slide right out. I have had many positive comments on my votives, because of the scent through, one customer stated these only candles that I can still burn and smell after having them a year.

Pam

Hi Pam,

This is good to know. I may try it myself. :) I think I have almost a full box of it.

~Holly

The votive waxes are kind of in between a container wax and a pillar wax. They are hard enough to come out of a mold. But not so much so that they could stand up by themselves when lit.

Kinda what I figured. Thanks for confirming it. Learning something new all the time! :wink2:

Could you use this mix for votives? Does it have to be poured hot? I want to do dixie cup votives so I would need a wax that can be poured kinda cool.

tootie

If you use this for votives, you would need to double-pour. Pour 1st @ 170, 2nd @ 180. Carole

I use 2/3 4794 and 1/3 6006 for melts & clams. Great H & C throw, comes out of molds easily & tops don't sink. Carole

Thanks Carole. I am definitely going to try the 4794 with something else added. I just ordered a slab from Let It Shine. It should be here tomorrow. I just love one day shipping! :) I am also going to the the 4786 and see which works out the best.

Thanks for everyone's input/help. :)

Hi Jane,

I just read the specs at Let it Shine and it says it has a 128 melt point. That may be the reason. Because it has a lower melt point than most pillar wax (at least I think it does) I guess it would be more inclined to burn out too far to the edges which would cause drip over. I assume this would be the reason. Who knows though, maybe some do use it and can wick it so it does not drip over. At least it does release from molds. Maybe someone else will chime in here. Someday I would like to start making pillars and votives. Don't know why I have not tried it yet. Not enough time I guess to try something totally new.

~Holly

I use the 4794 for my pillars :) Works great. I can do either a full burn (where it burns itself evenly onward down)

or

I can use it to make a shell type pillar. All about the wicking baby!

I use the 4794 for my pillars :) Works great. I can do either a full burn (where it burns itself evenly onward down)

or

I can use it to make a shell type pillar. All about the wicking baby!

Oh one thing though, if you are looking for versatlilty tho, this is not the wax for you. Solida colors work best and I can even get some good rustics if poured and timed carefully, but have never gotten it to mottle. Just a thought.

Oh one thing though, if you are looking for versatlilty tho, this is not the wax for you. Solida colors work best and I can even get some good rustics if poured and timed carefully, but have never gotten it to mottle. Just a thought.

Thanks, Tess....I would never have thought of using this wax for pillars. Do you use additives to "harden" the wax, or just use it as is?