Rising cost of waxes...

Di_in_AZ

I get so peeved when I am at the Dollar Store and see someone buying 4 $1.00 candles.What a waste. Stupid me don't carry businsess cards but going to start.I decide to waste a buck for those candles and I think I got all of 5 hours burn time from that candle and it burned down the middle.

Wal Mart does have small candles cheaper but look at the price of their larger ones.They are getting costly and I don't want to waste my money. I guess I MIGHT try a votive. it has been almost 2 years since I got a small candle froom them but will try again.Hey might be at a show and let people see the difference and how the candle burned .Not knocking them but let customers see what the big companies sell to them. Like someone said MADE in CHINA with Lead wicks.

LynnS

You aren't supposed to be using 6yo Indonesian girls to make your candles?:shocked2::eek: And here I am wasting my money paying her a penny a candle.. :whip: Drat! Well I guess that means I need to actually Start pouring them myself...:D

Haha!

Yeah like Miz said, prices go up. I just raised my prices. went from 2.00 to 2.25 and 7.50 to 8.00

I try to cut costs in other places though. In fact I lowered the price on 2 of my other items :). Honestly though I have had not one person complain about my price increase. It's been 2 months and not a one. People comment sure, but it's more of a prices are going up everywhere kinda comment. Not just my stuff. Everyone seems understanding though, and it hasn't hindered my sales thats for sure. I have my stuff set so low in the first place, that my clientel knows by now that I am not greedy about my profits.