Still having fun with my light box!

I'm finding unless the the light is totally perfect the white backround works better at high noon under the skylight with no box, just lights...maybe...I'm clueless really. The white ones were doctored a bit in Photoshop, but still don't look right to me.

Gingerbubbles.jpg

BB Champagne

LAvessential.jpg

Lavender Essential

Bee-my-honey.jpg

Bee my Honey (with honey and oats)

fscrb.jpg

Farmer's Scrubby - with cornmeal and citrus

Well if they don't look right to you then you must do away with them and my address is ...

So you're trying to go for natural light then or are you adding any into the box? Wondering if you shot outside what you'd get (saying you have sun, which you all should cuz we have all the cloud cover, rain and I could swear it was trying to snow today.)

I don't know how the weather was in OZ... but apparently, some parts of the country did get snow today! It was 68 here.

Well if they don't look right to you then you must do away with them and my address is ...

So you're trying to go for natural light then or are you adding any into the box? Wondering if you shot outside what you'd get (saying you have sun, which you all should cuz we have all the cloud cover, rain and I could swear it was trying to snow today.)

Here's what I've tried -

My first round with light in my light box and a white background was the two lights that came with the box going through the sides and an artificial light through the top - these were orangey I couldn't even tweak em on photoshop to make them look right, but I'm not exactly a pro on photoshop. All the blue pics on here and my site were done that same way that night at only required resizing.

The ones in this post were done under a west facing skylight at about 4 PM. there were the two lights on the sides and just the skylight coming through the top.

Now if you look at the pics my BIL did on my site like the one below these were taken under the skylight with no light box at all. He tweaked things with photoshop too (and he's much better than I).

moabsoap.jpg

So I'm just befuddled!

And Scented - I'm in the pacific Northwest so it's pretty much cloudy here all the time this time of year - which I thought was preferred for photos? Pretty bright out there even though it is overcast. And then of course one never knows when a cloud will burst and sprinkle you!

Tomorrow it's supposed to be 70 which is good because I will be working on goat fencing for 3 new goats!

What's the wattage on the bulbs?

I think the skylight must filter out some UV rays (guessing), but you may need to try a filter on your camera if that's possible.

Cloudy is pretty much ideal or sunset when the light isn't so dang harsh. Couldn't get one setting to work right till I went into the shade one day, so sometimes this stuff befuddles me too.

You might need to adjust the color balance on your camera a little bit.... I've run into the same yellow/orangish issue, too and that seems to help.

Ok, that would require some kind of knowledge beyond power, zoom, no flash and macro! :D

I will see what I can figure out!

What's the wattage on the bulbs?

I think the skylight must filter out some UV rays (guessing), but you may need to try a filter on your camera if that's possible.

Cloudy is pretty much ideal or sunset when the light isn't so dang harsh. Couldn't get one setting to work right till I went into the shade one day, so sometimes this stuff befuddles me too.

Next time I have the stuff out I will check the wattage.

All I can say is that the pictures I am taking now are WAY better than the pictures I (not my BIL) took before getting the light box! And it's such and improvement I am WAAAAY happy!