coconut oil

Guest jurnalynn

Guest jurnalynn

can anyone explain the difference in consistency of virgin coconut oil and 76 degree coconut oil?...........can u use 76 degree in a recipe that calls for virgin?

Laura

As I understand this ...

Virgin retains the scent of the coconut, isn't refined, bleached or deodorized.

but you might check this out. It seems pretty informative: http://www.coconutoil-online.com/hype.html

and I didn't realize there was much hype between the coconuts.

I'll just say I've used straight coconut in a recipe that included VCO and had no problems with the recipe.

Guest jurnalynn

ty for the info wanted to try a recipe that called for virgin but all i have is the 76 degree and there is quite a price difference so if it doesn't work the way i think it will hurt my pocket less...........lol

Thank you

Laura

What is the recipe for? I use the EVOC for body care items cuz I love the smell and the EVOC is supposed to have nutrients that the processed coconut oil doesn't have for skin.

If you are doing soap, stick with the 76 degree. I have soaped with EVOC too, I think it made a big difference. The soap was really silky feeling, and the sweet smell of the oil enhanced the scent of the FO. But it really is too expensive to soap with regularly.