Liquid Dye

I am looking into changing to liquid dyes and have gone through many threads here and still need help. I am gearing up for all the testing but with a little help from you all hoping I will not have to test the same color from different suppliers. TIA

First up on the few white liquid available I only have found them at Alabaster and Just by Nature. What is the difference in suppliers as I have no clue on liquids. Also which is everyones preference on which one to get.

Second as there is so many suppliers out there which is best to go with as for quality. Every supplier offers a liquid dye and they are all about the same in price. I did find one supplier at a seriously lower price Cc Candle Supply and am wondering if at that price I could have a quality issue.

The only thing I have to offer is.... pay attention to how much wax the dye will color. Some will color 125lbs to a medium color, others way less.

I have used dyes from Peak, NG, JBN and Candle Science.

Candle Science's dyes only 40lbs to a medium shade. I didn't notice that when I ordered. Though I do like the dye.

HTH

I personally only use Peaks liquid dyes - aside from being close to me, so shipping or picking up is an option, I've never had any problems with them and my dyes have yet to change consistency. I've used the same 4 oz bottle for a year, wildly guessing about 100lbs. of wax, medium shade red, so not quite blood red, not light pink. I still have about 2 oz. left.

I can't speak to other suppliers, I sorta lucked out with almost everything since my first direction was Peaks and everything is fabu from there except a few FO's.

White dyes are somewhat problematic because they contain titanium dioxide to make the opaque white and this tends to clog wicks; however, it is useful. I like JBN's liquid dyes because they have no odor, readily mix in (unless the dye is old) and produce true, vivid colors. I think that Candlewic carries the same dyes JBN's but I have not had the chance to order them yet to be sure. HTH :)

I like the dyes from French Color & Fragrance. Normally I use their liquid colorants but their dye blocks are nice too.

Some of the suppliers sell French Color but they don't tell you who the manufacturer is. Candlechem sells them by name and they carry a lot of handy pre-mixed colors.

The white is a pigment rather than a dye. I don't find a need for it myself, but just keep that in mind if you have to use it.

I also like the liquid dyes from French, but I think their minimum is 1# - at one time, Alabaster carried French's, don't know if this is still true, but if it is you can order in much smaller quantity.

I have also had good luck with the ones from Bitter Creek.

Candlewics liquid dyes are great, although there are some very weak ones. The white tends to settle to the bottom and even when you have stirred thoroughly, when you pour the last bit out it is much more concentrated.

Candlewics liquid dyes are great, although there are some very weak ones. The white tends to settle to the bottom and even when you have stirred thoroughly, when you pour the last bit out it is much more concentrated.

Yup, all white will do that. Like Top said, they're pigment not dye. The only thing you can do is stir just before you pour. The cooler you pour the better it stays suspended too.

The white is the only one from Candlewic I have and it works good. I mostly only use it to make pink so it just takes a tiny bit.

I use mostly Peaks and a few from Lonestar. Lonestar's are strong, but the dark colors thickened up faster than Peaks (still took 3 years...lol).

I prefer Peaks :)

TY again...I am leaning towards Peak's I think as I do already make regular orders from them. As for the white I am already using the white block, just figured if I was switching to liquid I would switch everything. The liquid would be more accurate rather than a shaving (not always the same) I could use one drop.