For those that use Dan's Bands/Bar Soap Bands ...

jenniejr

I don't see how you could run them through your printer. They are not made in sheets. Each one is individual. There would not be a template for them either which means you would have to design one. Some print out business card size lables that they put under the shrink wrap and others, like me, put a lable on the outside of the band.

Thanks for the input ladies.

That was my take on it too .... I have only ever put labels on them. I was telling those who asked that I didn't see it being possible because there is no template, and the info would get all screwed up when you hit them with the heat gun to shrink. :tongue2:

I wouldn't think it would be a good idea if you use a laser printer, dunno if you've ever felt one after its been running for a couple pages, but those suckers get HOT!

I don't think an ink jet type would be much better, with the slick surface shrink film has, it would probably rub right off, and just the slightest bit of wet would smear any successful printing on it.

JMO.

All I can picture is when a friend of mine laminated her first ultrasound...It was a hot laminate and the paper was heat sensitive. It turned black.

I imagine these would shrink in the printer and gum it up.

I wouldn't think it would be a good idea if you use a laser printer, dunno if you've ever felt one after its been running for a couple pages, but those suckers get HOT!

I don't think an ink jet type would be much better, with the slick surface shrink film has, it would probably rub right off, and just the slightest bit of wet would smear any successful printing on it.

JMO.

Those were my thoughts too. I told those who wanted to know about these concerns and suggested that they just use clear labels on the bands if they want it to look truly 'clear'.

Thanks again for the input :wink2:

I thought of getting a stamp with my business initials or name and a cute desing to stamp on the bands. Could do little leaves, etc. all over the bands too but I want to keep it simple. Thought if I could get a stamp made with LC for Little Creek or with Little Creek spelled out and a little design that goes un der the name or initials.

I thought of getting a stamp with my business initials or name and a cute desing to stamp on the bands. Could do little leaves, etc. all over the bands too but I want to keep it simple. Thought if I could get a stamp made with LC for Little Creek or with Little Creek spelled out and a little design that goes un der the name or initials.

That's a great idea!! :cheesy2: You'll have to let me know how it works out.

I imagine you would have to make sure you get a permanent ink so it doesn't come of when touched.