Help for Trasfering web.

sherry

I'm going to guess you are talking about the pictures and HTML files you upload is what you are asking about.

If you cancel or transfer the site then anything that is attached to the original location is gone....

NOW that being said if you have a copy on your personal computer once you have the new site ready for file to be uploaded then you would just upload them the same as you did with the old site.

If you have more questions PM me.

I have my pics in my computer. Call it My Offiice. I could use them again and would like to BUT a new site might be a different design.That might not work with the background and coloring.

I am not thinking about doing this but just giving you a idea. Honestly with the work it is to do a site I am pretty much going to stay. Husband had to help me alot.I would like a new look but not sure I will be able to use my same pics.Taking those pics over again is sooooooo much time and work.

Good Luck,

LynnS

If you're thinking about canceling your service, dowload a copy to your computer (of coarse, you should be d/l regular backups anyway) first, and then delete your files if you want. If you don't, they will delete them anyway when you cancel your service.

Your host should be doing nothing with your files once you cancel beyond removing them from their servers.

Lynn, regarding photos and reuse... I always keep the original image file straight from my camera on my hard drive. Then, depending on the size limitations of whatever web software I am using, I can resize as needed (save as a new file). It's a PITA, but beats the heck out of rephotographing everything... Unless you are using a site with preinstalled software, the color choices you would make for a site created, say, with OsCommerce, CubeCart or Zen Cart will be the same no matter where the site is hosted. HTH :)