GM soap

Wanting to premix lye and was wondering something. For my recipe which is 47oz lye calculator says that I need 203g lye and 412g water. Do I half the water when I make the lye solution and then add the rest of the amount as GM at trace? Confused on this and need some expert help. I want to mix lye tonight so that it is good to go tomorrow.

I would think that it is condenssed goats milk that needs water. Not powder. That's why I was thinking that I would half the water and add the rest of the water portion in GM at trace. Is that wrong. That would make the liguid portion 100% gm right?

Yup! Add the can of chilled GM at trace but make sure you've got a real trace. Keep it chilled till you pour it. I open mine just before I add the lye water but keep it in the fridge until I need to pour it.

Fire

To premake a lye solution mix the same amount of water in wieght as lye, when it has cooled enought put it in clearly marked plastic bottles for storage. This is a 50% lye solution.

So to make your GM soap using this solution:

double your lye weight to find the solution weight you need for your recipe. so say (and this is just throwing numbers out - not a real recipe) the recipe calls for 26 oz liquid and 12 oz lye. you will use 24 oz 50% lye solution.

Then you will subtract the NORMAL lye amount (12 oz) from the liquid amount. this leaves 12 oz - you add that as refrigerated or RT GM after adding the lye solution to the oils.

Does that make sense?

I also give the lye solution a little shake in the bottle and strain it before using.

Wanting to premix lye and was wondering something. For my recipe which is 47oz lye calculator says that I need 203g lye and 412g water. Do I half the water when I make the lye solution and then add the rest of the amount as GM at trace? Confused on this and need some expert help. I want to mix lye tonight so that it is good to go tomorrow.

Sorry, my reply was directed at making a masterbatch of lye solution.

so to premix the lye for your recipe you will mix 203 grams of lye to 203 grams of water. Then when you want to make soap you will add the lye water to the oils. The amount of GM you would use would be 209 grams added after combining the oils and lye water. you do not need to bring it to trace befored adding the GM. Just make sure the oils and lye are mixed. It will still come to trace if you add the GM at that time.