palm container and cdn

right now, i am working with a 3" jar, the cdn 12 may not cut it, so i am going to make one with the next size up.

i bought the cdn for c3 and they are too big of a flame for me - i've got 3 bags laying around - i was scanning the posts and say that someone used them.

right now, i am working with a 3" jar, the cdn 12 may not cut it, so i am going to make one with the next size up.

A 14 should work well.

i bought the cdn for c3 and they are too big of a flame for me....

I use nothing but CDNs in NatureWax C3... again, what size containers are you trying to wick?

I would test a 12 and a 14 in the 3" tins providing they are the deep style tins and not the shallow ones. Be sure to test all the way down as usually one won't achieve FMP on the first test burn, but the candle will "catch up" as the candle burns down further and begins to heat up the container. I wick for the bottom half of any container... I try to use the smallest wick I can for safety reasons, especially in tins.

I have the regular tins, I don't think they are any deeper than most. Right now I am testing an rd in it. I am new to soy, so maybe I will do a side-by-side test.

Thank you!

Marie

The reason I asked, Marie, is that there are two basic styles of tins - some are very shallow (called "flat") and others are what I think of as "normal", but are called "deep". If you were wicking a 3" shallow one, you would have little success with a single wick because by the time the melt pool got all the way out to the edges, the wick would have burned down. The deep kind are easy to single wick, but the shallow ones often need two or more wicks to burn evenly.

http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=25

Right now I am testing an rd in it. I am new to soy, so maybe I will do a side-by-side test.

GOOD for you!! That's the spirit! :highfive:

no then I have the deep - I couldn't imagine a candle in one of those shallow tins. I was testing an rrd40 and the first burn it looked okay. The second burn started tunneling too much and the wick shroomed, which I didn't think they did.