Outside Farmers Market and soy candles

so-soy

Hi all,

Was considering doing an outside farmers market from may til october 2 days a week. I make pure soywax candles without any dye in them and my biggest concern is them turning yellow in the sunlight. I know I would have to have a tent/topper of somekind but is that enough protection? Has anyone done outside markets with soy candles and have you had problems with them yellowing? Thanks for any input.

I do outside shows and not a big problem.I color my candles and they do melt some on top but I still sell them. As for discoloring it is just a few here and there. Once a lady picked up a candle that looked bad.I told her I cannot sell that but she insisited she knew about discoloring and this scent is what she wanted. I sold it for almost what it cost for me to make it.She was fine with that. But she would have paid full price.

For all natural(color that is) I don't think you will have a big problem. I also have a E-Z up which helps. I would say of all my candles about 5 discolored.And I have alot of dark colors.

LynnS