Hcm Pro - Ip Address Obsessive!!

LaVida

ok, I'm loving the new HCM Pro, but am I the only one that is obsessed w/ the "who's online" in tools. I see an IP address toggle and then paste it. There's someone from Mountain View, CA on there EVERYDAY! I'm not sure why, but I always wonder... *tail biting*.. I'm an addict... :tongue2:

After having my site up with HCM pro (grumpy referred me- thanks!) I am amazed and all at once creeped out by how much as site owners we can "see". who's online, where they came from. how many hits and thier origins, what countries hits are from. what makes me nuts is carts that are full, but not purchased - those are nail biters! People who fill up and then don't buy they you are wondering, "Oh no, is my shipping too expensive? Did they hear something bad about my products? Did they purchase somewhere else???...." But everyone shops around, it's the nature of the net. I used to look at my c panel and who's online every day, but now a couple times a week cause I gotta move on!

My crawler lets me see who is online and also let's me send them a message asking if they need help or have any questions to help convert all the lookie loos into buyers.

Really, and do you actually do that? Boy if I was browsing on a site on the internet and all of a sudden I receive a message by someone asking if I need help because they are watching me that would make me RUN right out of that website. But then again I am the type that gets irritated when store clerks come up and ask me if I need help, if I needed help I would have come and asked for it! Nope, I wouldn't like that one bit!

Really, and do you actually do that? Boy if I was browsing on a site on the internet and all of a sudden I receive a message by someone asking if I need help because they are watching me that would make me RUN right out of that website. But then again I am the type that gets irritated when store clerks come up and ask me if I need help, if I needed help I would have come and asked for it! Nope, I wouldn't like that one bit!

I had a friend who was placing an order and was trying to figure out some stuff with my cart. When I told her I had her order she said, "well I haven't placed my order yet, how can you have it?" She was really freaked out that I could see what was in her cart before she actually placed the order. So now I just keep that all quiet...better not to let customers know how much we can actually "see" I think.

Oh my, you can see what people are putting in carts before the orders are ever placed? Sheesh! You can do all of this with HCM websites? Ok, now I'm curious, who doesn't like to spy, just don't want to know when you are doing it to me and I would get irritated too! LOL

Nope, I never have the time to chase people down and do that, but I know a few folks who use it and claim to have great results. I don't use HCM, I use Oscommerce (love it.) Wonder what would happen if I ever did that, I probably never will though.