No hot scent throw

I like C3 for my tarts but having a difficult time wicking it. Are you pouring containers or tarts? How much fragrance are you using? I use 1.5 oz pp. Some scents I get a better throw than others in my containers. I find that when my wick is too small and I don't get a full meltpoint I get no scent. So I have to wick up. I'm still having a problem wicking my containers in all the different scents. Testing, testing and more testing! Some FO's are heavier than others. My tarts are fabulous!!!!!!

I'm sure others will chime in with some more reviews.... I've only been doing this about 3 months and loving it..... :D

Pam

I use C-3, with 1lb - 1oz ratio, sometimes 1.5oz.

I had a horrible time with air pockets, & craters, but I add about 1/2 cup of Snowtop soy wax to 1lb of C-3, and that seems to have taken care of that.

I had an awful time wicking C-3 though. I have to use HTP 126 in my 1/2 pint wide mouth jelly jar to get the scent throw, and mp I am looking for.

I add my FO btw 175-180 deg. and pour when it just becomes slightly cloudy.

HTH, Renee:grin2:

I use C-3, with 1lb - 1oz ratio, sometimes 1.5oz.

I had a horrible time with air pockets, & craters, but I add about 1/2 cup of Snowtop soy wax to 1lb of C-3, and that seems to have taken care of that.

I had an awful time wicking C-3 though. I have to use HTP 126 in my 1/2 pint wide mouth jelly jar to get the scent throw, and mp I am looking for.

I add my FO btw 175-180 deg. and pour when it just becomes slightly cloudy.

HTH, Renee:grin2:

I hate to highjack this thread, but did you find that by adding the Snowtop soy wax to the C-3 that it affected the scent throw at all -- not as good? I was considering adding another soy to the CB-3 Calsoy to help with some issues but I do not want to ruin the quality of scent throw it has. TIA.

Holly,

to be quite honest with you, I havent noticed any difference in scent throw if I add the Snowtop. It just helps with the stability in my opinion.

I have only been using C-3 since August, so I guess there are people out there that would be much more qualified to answer more thoroughly.

I loved Snowtop, but I was able to find a local dist. of Soy wax, and she only offers Naturewax.

I think I would have killed myself to make it work, just to save on shipping!!:grin2: Renee