More Liquid Soap

My latest experiment. Hubby says this one looks amazing; he spent 20 minutes last night sitting looking at the grain of the wood on the table through it. I colored it with a little FDC color, the cheap stuff we use for coloring eggs. I think color seems to make it brighten, look lighter and clearer than plain (no, that doesn’t make sense, but it’s what it seems to do).

This is 0% superfat (-10 on soap calc). I cooked this batch down to 1 part oils to 1.25% water, and I think I need to concentrate it a bit more; I still don’t like the lather. The addition of 4% of 50/50 sugar solution and glycerin helped lower the cloud point nicely and I think makes it less drying than anything else I’ve tried. However, I know Failor says glycerin boosts lather, but it seems to kill mine. I used borax to lower the gel point (and “neutralize”).

The second picture I added a tiny bit of gold glitter just cuz… and a drop (to much for the sample) yellow FDC. I think my grand daughters will like this!

Thanks for looking

post-7822-139458444297_thumb.jpg

post-7822-139458444301_thumb.jpg