Votives.....

That's a very vague question.....

Do you mean before or after they're poured? What kind of wick... pretabbed, raw?

Assuming you made votives with a wick pin, unmold it remove the pin and insert wick, if it's a primed & tabbed wick. If not, prime and tab it, then insert it....

When wicking them, what do you do?

Thank You in advance!

Have you seen the votive making instructions under "Basic Instructions" to your left (top button)? It gives step by step instruction that couldn't be clearer. The only variation is if you are using wick pins, then you remove wick pin and instert pretabbed votive wick. Viola....perfect votives everytime. HTH :)

Also, if you don't have votive wick pins, you'd pour the wax into the mold, wait a few minutes until the wax at the bottom of the mold is starting to set up and then put the wick in. When I first starting making votives I didn't even know there was such a thing as wick pins, so I wicked all of my votives in their molds (thank goodness I used zinc wicks so they stood straight up and didn't collapse into the wax!).

DanaE