sell it? or do what with it?

Ok, so I have some mottled strawberry votives. The scent is weak due to bleeding at even medium percentages of FO....weak as in barely smell it when melting nose hairs. Their saving grace is the way they look. Would you sell it with maybe a name like "strawberry mist" or "hints of strawberry" and sell them cheaper? Give them away? or what? I'm torn.

Thanks,

Chris

Personally I'd save them for a power outtage. Giving away or selling either one will make people that that's what your products are like. Not a good first impression.

How much FO and what type wax. The scent shouldn't bleed out enough to make them that weak. If you put so much it weeped, it should be strong. Possibly it's just a weak FO?

How much FO and what type wax. The scent shouldn't bleed out enough to make them that weak. If you put so much it weeped, it should be strong. Possibly it's just a weak FO?

I used 4045H from candlewic. FO was strawberry. It's strong in my tarts with a different wax, but I can't get the mottling blend to hold much. It is rated for 5%, more with stearic. It bleeds at 5%.

Use more stearic. You can do better than 5% with that wax.

It's probably just not good FO. If that's the Candlewic Fresh Strawberry, the world is lucky it doesn't throw. I only buy theri FOs when they have something cheap I can use to test wax formulations.

I can try more stearic....I used much less than the recommended amount and it messed with the mottling. I'm using strawberry...not the fresh strawberry. The regular strawberry is stronger and smells great in the tarts. I'll try more stearic and inform. However the questions still remains as to what is acceptable for what I have made already?

Chris

How about chopping up the votives & using them for chunks? Then you could over pour them w/ a different FO ( stronger one :grin2:) I also use the 4045 and I find that (even w/o additives) most of the FO's I use rock in this wax. I've only ever tried Cinnamon FO w/ Candlewic and it smelled so bad :eek: I actually just threw it away.

Keep them and use them in your bathroom or save them for a time when the electricity goes off :). Definitely don't sell them, or whoever buys them will think your votives are weak. You could also give them to family member, as long as you warned them about the scent throw.

I use 3 tablespoons of stearic per lb of 4045H (or various other mottling waxes) and don't normally have much seepage. Try adding a little vybar 343 with the stearic and see what happens. Some scents will seep a little, but not enough to actually lose the scent throw.

DanaE