recipes for Baby

Callmaker

You girls have been kind enough to give me some wonderful recipes and I would like to return the favor.Please remember that pregnant women should not use peppermint fo's at all.These products should not be used on baby's under 6 months...Hope you enjoy!

Diaper Rash Ointment that was posted

2 oz calendula infused oil

1 oz beeswax

1 oz shea butter

1 oz avocado oil

Vit E

HOME MADE DIAPER RASH CREAM

Most diaper rash creams on the market today are formulated on the basis of bee's wax, and many do-it-yourself recipes contain the same ingredient. Vegan parents may use jojoba oil instead. This oil is perfect for baby skin due to its great nutritional properties. Its structure is very close to human sebum so it is easily absorbed. Jojoba oil allows the skin to breathe, unlike other oils. It nourishes the skin and moisturizes it at the same time. To further enhance these beneficial properties add 5 drops of tea tree or lavender essential oil (both act as anti-bacterial agents) for every 2 ounces of oil. Wheatgerm oil with its naturally high Vitamin E content complements this jojoba oil mixture. Adding a few drops will also help preserve this product. Pure Vitamin E Oil is a good alternative if you cannot find wheatgerm oil.

HOME MADE BABY WIPES

To make your own wipes, mix one fourth cup of almond or olive oil with two cups of distilled water and one fourth cup of baby shampoo (choose a natural brand). To this, add 8 drops of lavender essential oil and 5 drops of tea tree oil (optional). Now, prepare a roll of paper towels to become baby wipes. First, cut it in half. You now have two short rolls. Remove the cardboard center. Place a short roll in an airtight, waterproof container (you can use an old baby wipe box or a tupperware container) and pour the solution over the towels. Put the lid back on the box and turn it upside down so the solution is absorbed. Alternatively, if you use cloth or flannel wipes, keep the solution in a jar or spray bottle and apply as needed.

HOME MADE BABY OIL

You can make your own natural baby oil using pure almond oil, which is hypoallergenic and has a slightly warming effect on the body, aiding relaxation. If your baby is allergic to seed and nut oils, you can use olive oil as a base instead. For babies older than 6 months, you may wish to experiment by adding a few drops of essential oil to the base oil. Excellent choices for babies include lavender (to achieve a relaxing, sedative effect), geranium (to ease nervous tension and to counteract negative moods), myrrh (to ease coughs, colds, and bronchitis - also beneficial for digestive problems such as colic in infants), and ylang ylang (use sparingly for a highly relaxing and uplifting effect).

Here is one for baby powder:

2 cups cornstarch

1/8 tsp. Chamomila powder

1/8 Comfrey Root powder (optional)

a pinch of lavender powder

Mix all ingredients and put in a powder shaker. Smells nice & teh lavender sooths the baby

Diaper Rash Ointment

2 oz calendula infused oil

1 oz beeswax

1 oz shea butter

1 oz avocado oil

Vit E

OR

1 oz emu oil

1 oz kpangnan butter

1 oz avocado or hempseed oil

1 oz beeswax

Vit E

Baby Oil

4 oz olive oil

3 drops lavender eo

Baby Powder

1 cup cornstarch

1/4 cup chamomile powder

1/4 cup lavender powder

OR

2 parts cornstarch

2 parts rice flour or arrowroot powder

lavender eo

Nipple Oil

10 ml SAO

1 drop rosehip seed oil

Stretchmarks or Cracked Nipples

cocoa butter

apricot kernel oil

calendula extract

neroli, lavender, rosewood eos

(fiddle with the %s on this one - maybe start with 50% cocoa, 40% AKO, 9 % calendula, 1% eos)

OR

Vit E

SAO

olive oil

avocado oil

wheat germ oil

mandarin, palmarosa, lavender eos

Make sure you're aware of the eos NOT to use during pregnancy or on babies. Here's a decent list with eos Look for those identified by "avoid during pregnancy".

http://mypage.direct.ca/c/csamson/di...ntialoils.html

Aw, wow...thank you for sharing these Callmaker!!!!! I just started, very recently, looking into making some of these, and searching for recipes!! My sister is having her babe in 2 weeks, and we were JUST talking about looking into making some products!! Do you have a favorite???

Thanks for the comments, I would have to say the diaper rash cream is excellent...Please remember not to use any peppermint flavor for the pregnant mom or any child under 6 months. Don't add any red dyes to any of the recipes, because alot of young children are allergic to the dye...Hope you enjoy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Beautiful recipes you have shared. Thank you.

You can make your own calendula oil, easy peasy to make.

I would add equal parts of olive oil, dried calendula flowers, ie 1 cup oil, 1 cup flowers. You could seep it, but I would gently heat the oil and flowers over a double boiler until the flowers are soft. Strain oil and the oil is alreay to use. To increase the strength of the oil after straining you could again heat the oil with another batch of dried flowers, then strain. Double infused oils is even more beneficial. You could use other oils for the infusion.

HOME MADE BABY OIL

You can make your own natural baby oil using pure almond oil, which is hypoallergenic and has a slightly warming effect on the body, aiding relaxation. If your baby is allergic to seed and nut oils, you can use olive oil as a base instead. For babies older than 6 months, you may wish to experiment by adding a few drops of essential oil to the base oil. Excellent choices for babies include lavender (to achieve a relaxing, sedative effect), geranium (to ease nervous tension and to counteract negative moods), myrrh (to ease coughs, colds, and bronchitis - also beneficial for digestive problems such as colic in infants), and ylang ylang (use sparingly for a highly relaxing and uplifting effect).

Baby Oil

4 oz olive oil

3 drops lavender eo

http://mypage.direct.ca/c/csamson/di...ntialoils.html

I noticed the other day that mimosa smells very similar to the traditional baby oil scent. I don't think it's the full scent blend or anything but I think that a lavender + mimosa + chamomile blend would get that "Smells so much like baby" reaction.

In my other life one of the products I am a retail rep for is a diaper ointment. It's also great for adults for heat rash. I get obnoxious heat rash in the summer & always just used baby powder or suffered until I started working for this company and realized that. I'm sure I'm not the only grown up that never thought to use baby products on themselves . .