Ordering oils

Vio

I tell you what I did...Maybe someone else will have a better idea..But to make sure the palm is always mixed good, and not having to melt the 7 lb bottle every time...I melt the complete bottle and shake really well, then pour it into 1 lb. bottles that way I only have to melt 1lb at a time..

On the subject of palm oil, how you use it depends on what you buy. There are different products on the market and some are more saturated than others.

I think the no-stir stuff is not only homogenized but also hydrogenated a little to help it stay solid. Then I have have some in-between stuff that will separate at room temp but stay mixed if it's cool. I've also got palm oil from WSP that separates and stays partially liquid in the same cold storage room where the other palm oils are solid.

That last one may be the least processed stuff, but I think it might separate even in the fridge. It's a pain to have to melt it every time before you can weigh it out.

:embarasse ?? So which do you think is the best for CP soaping..

Any differences in how the soap comes out is something you can compensate for by tweaking the recipe. For me the biggest factor is ease of use, so I like the harder stuff that doesn't separate. Right now I'm using the no-stir from CF that comes in a box. In my storage room it stays totally solid and uniform, but it's soft enough to scoop out with a big spoon and a firm hand.