Recipe Opinions please......

AkainePSP

Well I started out with my regular recipe tweaked it a bit then realized I forgot the olive oil and castor, so did a bit of experimenting and I think I may have made a pretty decent soap. I was having some dry skin and facial issues so I thought I would play. What do you think? Thanks, Kelly

3.85 oz. Avocado Oil

7.7 oz. Palm Kernel Oil

15.4 oz. Palm Oil

Then @ trace I added:

3.2 oz. Jojoba Oil

1 oz. Neem Oil

1 oz. Emu

1 oz. Mango Butter

1 oz. Shea Butter

1 oz. Bentonite Clay

1 oz. Finely Ground Oatmeal

2 oz. FO

8 oz. Water

4.11 oz. Lye

Oh no I just realized I didn't use enough LYE!!! It should have been 4.7. What does this mean for my soap?

Oh no I just realized I didn't use enough LYE!!! It should have been 4.7. What does this mean for my soap?

The recipe says 4.11 oz of lye and if you used 4.11 then you used to much lye, not to little. If it should have been 4.7

It will be lye heavy. Did you superfat it? It might be OK

The recipe says 4.11 oz of lye and if you used 4.11 then you used to much lye, not to little. If it should have been 4.7

It will be lye heavy. Did you superfat it? It might be OK

thats not true. Soapcalc 9WP states for a 5% superfat, the correct lye amount for all her oils listed (including the ones she added at trace) is 4.56oz. So if she used only 4.11, she is somewhere around a 14% superfat.

Even though she has a 14% superfat, with the addition of the clay and oatmeal, the soap may not leak oil or be too soft after all. It may still develop DOS though if not used quickly or stored properly.

Let us know how it turns out, I will gladly take a bar off your hands. ;)

Oh gosh I'm not sure what I did. I've completely confused myself. I guess we'll see what happens. I know I used those ingredients in those amounts and added them at those times. I also know I used 8 oz. of water. It is a bit softer that I would like it to be the day after. We'll wait and see. How will I know if it gets DOS since I colored my soap orange? I used iced carrot cake as my fo from fragrance oil heaven and thought the color was fitting.

Now out of curiosity if I made a small batch of soap that was white to put on the top would it just adhear to the bottom part? I know I won'y be doing that this time just because I am not sure what is going to happen with this batch.

I think what happened is I was trying to fix my screw up and got everything all messed up and confused. Now adding all of that stuff at trace was bad? How should I have done it?

Thanks

Kelly