Where does everyone get their

diamondk

I get my Borax from the grocery store, in the detergent aisle. 20 mule team is the name of it. I don't use rosemary extract as a preservative in products but I don't make LS so it may be different. I have always read that it is an antioxident and not a true preservative. Here is some info on it.

http://www.soapnaturally.org/natural_skincare/preservatives.html

I get my Borax from the grocery store, in the detergent aisle. 20 mule team is the name of it. I don't use rosemary extract as a preservative in products but I don't make LS so it may be different. I have always read that it is an antioxident and not a true preservative. Here is some info on it.

http://www.soapnaturally.org/natural_skincare/preservatives.html

Bingo - it's NOT a preservative.

And I get the same borax - 20 Mule Team!

Then anyone that has the Catherine Failor book on page 12 it is listed as having perservative properties. I know it is an anti-ordant. Maybe I am reading it wrong and if I am I am sorry. Thanks for the responses. I wasn't sure I could use the 20mule team in the soap. I am trying to read so much that I think I am confusing myself. Thanks again for the responses.

Why do you want borax for soap? Is it for transparent soap? I think Catherine Faillor has a book on transparent soap. I did get it a while ago and look at it, but it looks like toooooo much work. I also get 20 Mule Team borax, is there any other kind?

The preservative properties of rosemary are that it extends the shelf life of the oils, keeping it from going rancid as fast. It does not protect against beasties in your products.

Kind of like preservatives in food extend the shelf life. The word preservative has more than one definition.