Ultra-Core Wicks Supplier

Guest LightofDawn

Guest LightofDawn

Vio, they are still carrying them. But I just got my invoice and the shipping charges are outragous. So I am checking out other options. I just talk to Fil-tec and he is going to send me a list of suppliers. Will let you know.

Vio, they are still carrying them. But I just got my invoice and the shipping charges are outragous. So I am checking out other options. I just talk to Fil-tec and he is going to send me a list of suppliers. Will let you know.

Please post suppliers when you get the list. I agree with the outrageous shipping charges, they shouldn't cost more than $2.00 a pkg to ship. Fil-tec never responded to my email...maybe it got blocked though. Jury is still out on these wicks however...not really sure I like them.

Guest LightofDawn

Fil-tec responded but they only gave me the name of a supplier that was close to me. I replied asking for a complete list so that I could share it here and he would not get bombarded with a bunch of emails. Hopefully I will get a response soon.

It's really a shame that Early American's shipping is so elevated because I have no other complaints whatsoever with their service and I get my orders super quick. I purchased 150 ($12.00) wicks and had to pay $8.02 to have them shipped and I am only about 1 1/2 hours from them. My CS order was cheaper than that and I ordered FO from them. I guess if I was ordering in bulk in may be more cost effective but not at this point.

BTW: Here is the supplier he gave me, their prices are pretty good but they don't have that many sizes. Which is really to bad because they are located about 10 minutes from where I work.

Ohio Candles & Supplies

330-412-9209

http://www.ohiocandlesandsupplies.com

I will list the other suppliers as soon as he sends them

HTH

I think the shipping problem is that they use UPS or Fed Ex which has a minimum charge even for light stuff. I didn't call EAC, but I know some suppliers will ship USPS if you call and ask. 100 wicks were going to cost me over $8.00 UPS....crazy, they don't even weigh a pound.

Ohio Candles wants $9.95 shipping for 1 pkg of wicks!

Guest LightofDawn

I am the shipping manager at my full-time job so I have pretty good experience with shipping rates. Business to Business the rate should have been a little under $5.00 and Business to Residential should have been $6.52. The problem is that I was charged $1.50 handling fee on top of $6.52 rate. This has been the only time that I feel shipping has been unreasonable from any of the suppliers I have dealt with.

I really wish more suppliers would add the option to their checkout where you can specify business or residential. I have all of my packages shipped to work because it is cheaper. Also, there are some suppliers who will bill as a business address if you contact them or put it into the comments box. But it must really be a business address.

Guest LightofDawn
But we know better now! Thought about ordering the 2.59's from Ohio but the shipping is crazy, I'll have to call them tomorrow.

I have been using 2.283 & 2.402 in my Madison Jars that have a 2 7/8" Inside Diameter, 2.164 in my tumblers with a 2 1/2" Inside Diameter and 2.283 & 2.164 in my 8oz. square masons.

HTH

I tried these wicks and the sizes were too small for me. Also tried the XTrim 2.3 and it didn't do too bad. Think a larger size would work great. They didn't send samples any larger so can't test. I'll have to call and see if they will send the largest 2.506 for the square Mason.

Picture shows how it left some wax film on the jar. I would have to get a 3mm neck on the tab cause this is as low as it will burn. And I don't like having that much wax left. Can't see any wick pieces in bottom, but can't remember if I kept it trimmed.

post-215-139458443769_thumb.jpg

I have been using 2.283 & 2.402 in my Madison Jars that have a 2 7/8" Inside Diameter, 2.164 in my tumblers with a 2 1/2" Inside Diameter and 2.283 & 2.164 in my 8oz. square masons.

HTH

I tried the 2.164 Ultra Core with soy and it was too small, that's as large as they sent.

Guest LightofDawn

Here is the list that Fil-Tec sent me. It looks like the Swans only carries them in the tealight and votive sizes and I can't find any listed on the Melting Pots website. Ohio Candles & Supplies only carries a couple sizes. It looks like I will either have to bite the bullet on the shipping from EAC or find another wick.

Early American Candle

2412 Ferguson Road

Allison Park, PA 15101

PH 412-486-9003

www.eacandle.com

Ohio Candles & Supplies

3027 Glen Place NW

Canton, OH 44708

PH 330-412-9209

http://www.ohiocandlesandsupplies.com

Swan's Candles

8933 Gravelly Lake Drive SW

Lakewood, WA 98499

PH 253-584-4666

http://www.swanscandles.com

Melting Pot Candle Supplies

1300 West Freeway

Vidor, TX 77662

PH 866-713-8723

www.meltingpotcandlesupplies.com

Have any of you tried the cotton core wicks? I have both the ultra core and the cotton core. The cotton burn hotter, of course, and have been working great for me in both paraffin and my soyblend waxes. I use balmoral jars and the cotton wicks burn beautifully all the way down.

Also Sharon, the 2.509 is my favorite size, they work perfectly for me in the square mason jars.

Have any of you tried the cotton core wicks? I have both the ultra core and the cotton core. The cotton burn hotter, of course, and have been working great for me in both paraffin and my soyblend waxes. I use balmoral jars and the cotton wicks burn beautifully all the way down.

Also Sharon, the 2.509 is my favorite size, they work perfectly for me in the square mason jars.

I use cotton core usually in a size 60C (or 62C) 3 1/8" cont. and I love them except a little soot on some scents (I hate soot!) so EAC told me a 3.0 UC wick would be equal, well I started with 2.77 and about burned the house down, way too big and the glass got really hot and in Hansel and Gretel's the top 1/2 of the glass was totally black (and I wiped it a few times after burns) I'm going to try the next size down, but I'm thinking in my glass the 2.59 (?) might be best? I'm most likely going back to cottons however and deal with the tiny bit of soot on a few fo's...at least they are all tested already.

I really like the UC wicks, but they just won't work w/ my wax blend. The flame is a torch, no matter how low I trim the wick & the soot is awful, no matter how many sizes I test. Also, I could start a mushroom farm w/ these things! All this is just my problem cause I insist on using a wax blend that's a wicking nightmare, so the testing continues. I was told by Fil-Tec to ask your fav supplier to request their wicks & they would work to make them available. Try calling your supplier & requesting what you're interested in.

Susan.

I don't think it's your wax blend. I'm using C3 and they are doing the exact same thing to me...torch, mushrooms and major soot, even underwicked.

Dang, C3 shouldn't be tricky, so that's good insight. I've been a big zinc fan for ... ever, so after testing the UC wicks they really made those zincs look great! I'll take a little random mushrooming over all those problems any day! Thanks for making me feel better.

Susan.