Keeping wax in liquid form

Can I leave my wax at a low temp, say 125* in my pot for a prolonged period of time, and if so how long is a safe time. I have a 35 lb pot and it really is a pain to have to reheat it all just to pour a tester or 2. TIA

WE have our large melters on 24/7. WE also have a few smaller ones, like prestos and turkey roasters that we turn off and on as needed. I do not like leaving my presto on overnight, but I have left our turkey roasters on for 2 weeks at a time. I would say it depends on what you are using, your electrical setup, ventaliation, etc.

Lots of bulk wax is kept liquid. Large candle makers often use liquid wax in big heated tanks; holding wax liquid for weeks at a time is not unusual. The lower you can set the temperature the better. If you are buying a blended wax formula you could ask your supplier for recommendations.

You wouldn't want to keep colored wax or fragranced wax liquid for too long (I would say a day or less) because it might change.

As for safety, it depends on your set up and how fool proof your temperature controls are. Wax can start on fire if it is overheated.

I have 2 large wax melters (150 lbs. each), and during the busy season, which now seems to be more often than not, I leave mine on all the time. At about 150 degrees. I always find myself having to pour candles.

It wont' hurt the wax at all.

But I do agree on making sure your electrical outlet and wiring can withstand the constant flow. If so, you are good!

Carrie

Some reason, thought about this on the way home. Watch out for soy. If you keep heating it, or let it prolonged at certain temps(not sure what they are), but it can cook it over time. I did this once and noticed my soy got really matte looking and started to turn color