Warm oils & RT lye

SatinDucky

I don't know, but I won't risk it. LOL

I did room temp method with my first two batches and it really wasn't room temp I guess. I had lye to like 90 and oils were just a tad higher and I had no weird behavior with that. I did my lye in the sink with cold water surrounding it below the water line in my container so it wouldn't float, and warmed my oils just enough to heat to like 120 degrees. Then removed from heat and let it go down. When my lye was like 90 degress, I went ahead and did the mixing and it went well with the oils just slightly higher. If your lye is really room temp though which I'd guess is like 68-72 degrees, and oils are at like 95, it might be bad? I have no idea but I wouldn't want to find out. LOL ;)

If your oils are a tad warmer I don't see a problem. I could never get the lye and oils at the same temps anyway. One would always be cooler than the other. With that said I don't even take the temp of the lye and oils anymore. :D HTH

If your oils are a tad warmer I don't see a problem. I could never get the lye and oils at the same temps anyway. One would always be cooler than the other. With that said I don't even take the temp of the lye and oils anymore. :D HTH

LMAO

Well.. I mixed lye water for 3 batches yesterday, but when the first didn't gel, I didn't make melt any more oils. Honestly... I just don't have the patience for this room temp stuff. (nothing to do with the curing... I can see the bars so I can wait to use) I don't mean waiting for them to cool so much. Mostly waiting for the gel and hardening... I wanna see it done now! :D At this rate, it'll be tomorrow before i can unmold. That's 2 days to see what the log looks like :shocked2:

When I melt the next oils, I wanna cool it some then mix. I'll have to do some reading on just what temp difference range will work. Not like there's time today, then work the next 3... so at least Monday before I can make more :cry2:

Nope... only CP. I read up some on the other methods but it was just too much info all at once. I had decided to stick to one method at a time. Thinking I might try others after I get the hang of the first. Never did get around to trying the others, now I'm getting used to the first all over again...lol

Peek? Who me?? :shocked2:

:laugh2: