Odor Eliminators

Babean28

I've heard that citrus is the best odor eliminator, but the two samples I ordered for odor eliminators both smelled like bubble gum to me (OOB) anyway...I haven't tried them in the wax yet.

Does anyone have any recommendations on odor eliminators they have used and marketed as such? Don't be shy!

Not smoke or pet odors, but sewer pipe smells went away with Odor Eliminator from WSP. One of my other shops was located in an old historic building with old pipes and every now and then a funky sewer smell would come leaching out of the sink. I would pump a shot or two of their fragrance in the air and it was really good about masking the odor.

I'm not certain how to describe the smell--it wasn't particularly citrusy, floral or any other recognizable odor. It was just more of a clean smell, sort of along the lines of febreeze--nothing you can quite put your finger on. I think it smells better than febreeze.

I mentioned this a few times now in here. I used Bert's Clean Cotton in a candle and that thing cleaned the air so well it amazed me. The scent even ligered much longer after I blew it out. If you're cooking something like cabbage, that scent seems to take care of those smells pretty well. I'd guess it's just the scent that does it so you might have the same results with any brand clean cotton, but the one I used was Bert's.

I mentioned this a few times now in here. I used Bert's Clean Cotton in a candle and that thing cleaned the air so well it amazed me. The scent even ligered much longer after I blew it out. If you're cooking something like cabbage, that scent seems to take care of those smells pretty well. I'd guess it's just the scent that does it so you might have the same results with any brand clean cotton, but the one I used was Bert's.

Hi Vio,

Do you have a link to where you found the clean cotton? I've never heard of "Bert's" before, but I'm also somewhat of a newbie. Thanks! :D

I just got a sample from CS and it has a hint of spice to it. I thought it would have been more clean smelling (not that it's a bad thing by any means!). I have yet to try it in wax though.

So you didn't find that the sample from CS smelled like bubble gum out of the bottle? I was so surprised by the scent which is what prompted me to place this thread on here.

If you place it in wax, be sure to let me know how it works out for you. I'm going to wait on it for a little while myself - I have too many other delicious scents to test out right now!

What kind of wax do you use?

http://bertsheavenscent.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=41

You know you have a wax, glass, wicks, and fo supplier in NH right? You can pick up orders and save on shipping if you live close enough. http://www.thenaturalartisan.com/default.asp

Thanks for the link to Berts. I'll check it out.

I did know about the natural artisan, but they don't have the wax, wicks, or jars I use. Beyond that, I haven't found a significant cost savings on their FO for the scents I'm looking for.

Oh well! (sigh) :undecided

Hi Vio what have you used from the Natural Artisan?? Any of the fragrances??

Well I tried two of their fo's and they're both great. Got the Mulled Cider and the White Tea. Both of them throw very well in C-3 and I've saoped the White Tea and it's heavenly in cold process soap. She's got a showroom there with fo's you can sniff on the shelf. She's also got some of her candles in there that she sells and they smell nice. She tests all of her fo's in soy. Very nice lady too. Her price on wax is still low if you can afford to, get some to stock up.

Thanks for the link to Berts. I'll check it out.

I did know about the natural artisan, but they don't have the wax, wicks, or jars I use. Beyond that, I haven't found a significant cost savings on their FO for the scents I'm looking for.

Oh well! (sigh) :undecided

Well if you're able to pick it up locally with no shipping, it's worth the change over if you ask me. She's got a good wax. The C-3 is a great container wax. She's even got the better pillar one now from Cargil and has votive wax as well. If you save a ton on shipping, it's worth it to try it I think. I'm very happy with her C-3. I went with it just because of the simple fact that I don't pay shipping. To me, that was a huge selling point and it's turned out to be a great wax. :)

I did a search online one day for the stuff that's in Febreze and the like, it was called something like Neutroleum Alpha, its most common use is in commercial skunk remover.. like what you would use if you got sprayed.. not to make skunks themselves disappear...

Soap Scents has some here: http://www.onestopcandle.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=OSC/CTGY/SOAPSCNP

I've seen it in a couple other places too...

I've considered getting some to try it out.. Not sure about what kind of scent it itself has, though sure it could be made into a custom blend with a more appealing FO if wanted.

----

Libby

I did a search online one day for the stuff that's in Febreze and the like, it was called something like Neutroleum Alpha, its most common use is in commercial skunk remover.. like what you would use if you got sprayed.. not to make skunks themselves disappear...

----

Libby

Now that's what I've been looking for - an explaination of WHAT exactly make it an "odor eliminator". I'll have to do some research on "Neutroleum Alpha" - never heard of it before. Thanks for the info! :smiley2:

Soap Scents has some here: http://www.onestopcandle.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=OSC/CTGY/SOAPSCNP

I've seen it in a couple other places too...

I've considered getting some to try it out.. Not sure about what kind of scent it itself has, though sure it could be made into a custom blend with a more appealing FO if wanted.

----

Libby

Thanks for the info, have always wondered that myself. Cause I have bought odor eaters from several suppliers and hate them. This might be what I want.