How do I resize a gif file?

bugtussle

Well, I'll admit that maintaining my website is above my head. Know just enough to get me in trouble. How do I resize a gif picture for my website. When I bring it into PSP, I have to deal with layers & stuff I don't know about. I bought the right to use the gifs on my web, just don't know how to manipulate them. TIA, Carole

Open the program, select the image you want to resize, then go to the Image tab, and select the Resize line....this will bring up a dialogue box where you can select the new size you want for your image. Just remember to save the new image....preferably with a new name, so that you keep the original image as it was....just in case you want to change it again in the future. Remember also....making the image smaller is easier than making it bigger due to resolution factors.

BeechCreek is working on it for me. I just sent it to him. My problem is it is clipart (transparent background.) When I bring it into PSP ProX, it has a while background. I can resize it fine, but it's very hard to get all of the white background cleared out before I export it backout as a gif. That is what I can't figure out about PSP:confused: :confused: Thks for all the info. Carole