Aroma Rocks/Crystal Potpourri

luinousglow

Hi guys, I have been reading a few of the previous threads on here and am having some difficulty learning how to make these. I purchased solar salt from Lowe's and I already have coloring for candles and fragrances. I guess my confusion is how much color I put and some times at the craft shows, the people have rocks that look like there are 2 different colors in 1 basket but with the same fragrance? Do you just color them differently and put the same fragrance in? Last question is how much fragrance to put per pound of rocks? Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated!

TIA.....:D

I don't think you should use candle dyes as they are oil based and usually are a bit thick-have you tested this out?

I use soap colorants and use as much as needed to achieve the color I want.

As far as having different colors together in the same fragrance-yep just color and scent them separately then mix the two (or 3 or more) together.

As far as how much to charge, it depends on YOUR market area.

I saw some in a shop in San Fran and they wanted $12 a 1/4 lb! EEK!

I live in a more rural area, so I know I could never get that price for them!

Maybe figure out your cost and then multiply that by 3 or more and see what ya come up with.

I would start out with 1/4 to 1/2 ounce and go from there. You can always add more it's easier than trying to get the scent not strong. Depending on the strength of the fo lighter fo's you may need to add more.