2 Odd Phone Calls

I had a phone call last week and then one today about a guy named Robert wanting me to dropship my candles for his website. I can't make out what his website is, so I am not even sure what they carry.

I told dh that I would wait to see if he calls back and he has, so I will try calling tomorrow.

Is there anyway to find out the location of a phone number? The area code is from FL, so at least it is in the states.

Anyone else have a similar call??? Just wondering if it is legit. I just put my candles on in the past few months, I just can't imagine they would want mine!

Steph

if it's a "listed" number, you can type it into Google and it will bring up the name and address. So many people are now "unlisted" though and/or use cell phones that many times the reverse look-up doesn't find any info for you.

I've never had anybody call me to do drop shipping though, they always email and ask if I will and then we go from there. It could be legit though.

I talked to Robert (the guy that called). He is with www.shopzeus.com . It is dropshipping, but I am just not sure about it right at this point. I am still small and not sure if I can handle up to 30 orders a day (although it would be easier if I could make a whole case at a time of 5 scents and have them ready to ship out). I need to email him back and find out how much I am going to be making off them, too.

Steph

I personally would steer clear. He is gonna want you to give him cheap wholesale pricing, so he can make a good buck off them, but you'd be the one making and sending them out,possibly one at a time and doing all the shipping at his stated price. Also, when would he pay you, it could be once a month!! Are you prepared to lay out those funds and wait for his payments to come??? You could seriously end up losing money if you aren't careful. :cool2:

I had someone contact me about drop shipping a few years back and after I asked all the questions, I just had to laugh at them!!

I don't know what the terms were. But when I dropship, I only give the person 20% commission off my retail price. Works out that way.

That's only way I'll do any dropshipping. Wholesale is another story, they meet the minimums and pay up front.

Meg

I would be hard pressed to believe that they could promise you 30 orders a day ~ especially with 10 pages of candles and candle accessories.

Everyone has a different opinion about drop shipping, but mine is that I would not recommend it, and I say that from experience. I did it, and for a large company, and for a long time, and will never, ever do it again. I took a huge hit financially when I through in the towel on drop shipping, but I "make" more now (margin) selling retail directly on my own.

Chris is right on the nose ... many will want to pay you once a month, and it's usually the 15th of the month after (so ship in Jan, get paid for Jan. orders on Feb. 15th). Not a big deal after you're in it, but those first 2 months are nothing but money going out.

I didn't like that I had to ship packages with "the company's" info packed inside and their address on the label. I wanted MY name associated with my products, especially on my unique/niche items.

The up side ... no bounced checks, no CC charge backs, no dealing directly with the customer, so if that is more your cup of tea, then you'd love drop shipping!