and. . (insurance question)

anceproducts

since I posted such a nice thank you to you all, maybe you can answer a question I have.

I don't want to sound stupid here, I am in the process of getting insurance (no I can't be sleezy and side-step it, my dad(doesn't it seem weird my dad still thinks he has to come check up on me, considering Im an adult, married with two kids haha?) already is BFFs with my insurance agent at State Farm and ASKS her about if I have enough homeowner's etc etc, so I know if I didn't get liability he would probably die of heart attack haha) BUT I have a question ABOUT insurance.

I know its a back up and all, but in honesty what is the likelihood of even getting sued? I mean, I know my products are good or else I wouldn't sell them. I put on warning labels, give out instructions reminding people they don't need to burn wax dipped bears, etc etc.

So I am just not sure what there is left to be sued for.

Maybe anyone who has been through something with a customer can give me some insight? I think too far in advance with the what ifs I know. Thanks so much!!

Well how do you say this in a nice way? (I cant)

People are just stupid and will sue for anything even if it's not your fault. One of my best friends left a candle in the basement went away for 5 days never blew the candle out and her insurance co. wen't after Yank**. Needless to say she lost her whole house and they Yank** did settle with her. (It was not her it was her insurance co. that went after them.) If you do not have insurance they can come after you. I do not know about you but I have worked tooo hard to loose everything.

Haha my agent doesn't TELL my dad, it's just that he's NOSY enough to ask haha.

I was just curious about all this. I understand there are ridiculous things people sue for, I just didn't know the probability of it actually happening to me.

But I never thought of an insurance company going after a candle company, I was more thinking someone maybe not liking a scent and suing for emotional damage or something haha.

Thanks so much for the insight!