Wicking a heart mold ?

Can anyone help me with a heart shaped mold? it is about 5 and half inches wide, 3 inches high. Can you tell me a good wick to start with, it is a 3 wick mold, How do i get my wicks in? I am confused on the wicking part. Thanks for all the help. I will be using 1343 wax.

Hugs

• 3 weeks later...

I have that mold :mad: and hate it. I've used 1343 and although they look wonderful, they are not something I would consider anything other than a "novelty" candle. I started at 18 ply flat--nice if you only burn for about 2 and 1/2 hrs. Tried a 15 ply and that was good for about 2 hrs and 45 min :confused:

Went to a 9 ply flat....thats about as good as it gets for slightly over 3 hrs. Anyone want a heart shaped mold-LOL

I use metal tape on the bottom and cotter pins on the top to wick that damn thing. My wick pins are too big at the bottom for that. Now that I think about it...you could seal off the bottom of those wick holes and drill the wick holes and try the LX series. That might work, but no way would I bother with it. Sorry