Liquid soaps, Not so prtty as other's, but I'm happy

GrandmaArial

I think I’m finally figuring out liquid soap. I am relatively happy with these last two batches. In the first picture is Goats in the Garden LS, made exactly the same as the Goats in the Garden bar soap except well… liquid instead of bar, I used tea made from the herbs for my processing liquid and canned goats milk and infused my soft oils with more herbs. On the left is a batch made with predominantly soft oils, only 10% coconut, the other 90% consisting of safflower, sunflower, castor, and olive oils. I superfatted both at 3% (-7% on soapcalculator, as KOH is 90% pure). It has not been sequestered yet, so will be a little clearer in a week or two. The next two pictures are close-ups, I turned the bottles over to try to show the thickness, which is close to room temperature honey. Both lather well, and although both are still a bit drying neither are as harsh as my previous attempts.

If you look closely at the close-ups you can see small bubbles that are ever so slowly working their way up, I have to admit I’m pleased with the consistency this time.

post-7822-139458443073_thumb.jpg

post-7822-139458443076_thumb.jpg

post-7822-139458443079_thumb.jpg

Hey... they're lookin good!!! Very nice!!

They must be just wonderful with the goats milk in them!!!

Let us know how they look after sequester, as I'm really curious with the GM in there!!!

Way to go!!!

Neither is as pretty as yours, but like I said, I’ll be happy with them, I got everything I wanted except the clarity. That I have decided I am willing to sacrifice for mildness. I guess I could get sulfonated castor but I don’t react well to sulfur… so no… I’m not going to do it, LOL. I am going to try some glycerin as you suggested in your thread with the next batch, see if that helps any. Thanks for the suggestion.

The GM has been sequestered, that’s as pretty as it gets. I think it’s so dark is a combination of the goat’s milk and the herb tea and infused oils. The proteins and other non-saponifables from the GM will make it cloudy.

And yes, the goat’s milk seems to impart the same properties to LS as it does to bar soap.

Great job Grandma Arial You've done better than me at least you've done it. That is on my long agenda of things to do.

I’ve tried your cream soap, this you can do as a breeze. BTW, I already told you I love the muscle gel, well the cream soap is great too. It’s very mild, soft to the skin. I’m not sure I like the clay, but don’t take it personally. I just don’t like the feel of the clay, it’s to “slick” for me. I prefer more of a satin or silky feel to the lather. Your cream soap is so smooth it’s almost like touching oiled plastic to me, if that makes sense. People who like a very slick lather are going to adore it. I lke how gentle it is, and it lathers so nice with no residue. Really nice.