Soap packaging ?

Mnhorsemom

I will be doing my first craft show in December. I was thinking of doing some of my soaps in a cello bag with a small bath poof and tying with ribbon and a hang tag. I was thinking of charging $4.50-$5.00. What do you all think? any good suggestions for single bars. I will also be doing solid lotion bars, salts, melts and that type thing along with my soy candles. TIA

• 3 weeks later...

I like the idea of the cellophane and pouf. Should sell quite well.

I was thinking of making my own boxes but I'm not sure of what kind of paper I should use. I'm going to give a few things a try: cardstock and illustration board will probably work best. Does anyone know where I could get inexpensive plastic coated papers? :rockon:

I use natural fiber tissue paper when I can get it or handmade paper from Michael's (you get a roll of it) with the natural fibers. I wrap my soap in the paper and use a gluestick to glue the ends down, the I print cigar band type labels for each soap on cream colored paper, they look really nice and are pretty inexpensive as far as a wrapper goes. More time consuming but I wrap while I'm watching TV so that helps!

hmmmm...neat idea. but mine are rounds...guess i could do something similar and just print out a round label for the back to keep the ends closed...but then you wouldn't be able to see the soap...delimas delimas. gonna put my design skills to the test and see if i can come up with something different. but i definitely like the handmade paper idea...and i know how to make paper...tee hee hee. let's see what i can do. thanx for the idea.

:rockon:ROCK ON!