Muffin Tins for Soy Tarts

Hey Everyone,

This is my first post and hopefully I'm doing it properly (right location, etc). If not, go easy on me - I'm a newbie to this forum and candle making.

I'm looking for advice and tips on using regular/full-size muffin tins for making tarts - (I am using EcoSoya PB).

I welcome any and all suggestions, play by plays, and more. Has anyone tried making tarts with these tins?

Thanks!

Faith :smiley2:

Welcome to the board. Yes, you can use muffin pans to make tarts i know lots of people do it that way and I have too :) If you look at the bottom of the page it may have some similar questions people have asked....or if that doesnt help you can always use the search feature :) Also i use Ecosoya PB too! Hope this helps some! Enjoy making tarts...its deff addicting :P Jessica

ETA: I dont use any mold release with Ecosoya PB but just remember not to try and take the tart out of the molds to quick or else it will crack...another tip is too put them in the freezer for a few mins and pop them out!

Yes, you can use muffin tins for tarts/melts. I use the mini muffin tin (makes 12). They come out to 1 oz. each. I sell them for $.99 each or 6/$4.99 They are great sellers for me.

I use EcoSoya Pillar or Palm Pillar. Both come out great. The soy wax usually there's a dip in the middle. I don't do repours on these.