swirl pillar makers please chime in

blueskys

made with 4725,mold was 3 x 6.5,colors hunter green,kelly green and white scented with key lime.Per the directions for the swirl pillar.I used titanium dioxide although it didn't specify how much so I used 1/2 tsp of it but forgot to warm mold and it showed

post-279-139458375827_thumb.jpg

It's not bad for your first try. On it's on, it's pretty anyway.To get the swirl, I really think it would've worked better if you had used a round mold. The key seems to be for the rings to touch the mold in some places, but not all. While I just love your mold and can't wait until I can get one for me, the corrugated surface keeps the color rings from show dark. For the rings, you may want a few less dark ones. I don't remember the exact ratios she used in the tutorial, but I used 3:2:1 I think. 3 white to 2 pale color to 1 dark color times how every many needed to fill it up. I have to say, your first came much closer than mine! ;)

Hi blueskys,

Looks like you used enough Titanium, but the Hunter isn't really coming out to well. Might be the mold your using. Try with a round mold next time around and I bet you'll have a more prodominent Hunter Green showing through. :) Still looks nice with that type of mold. :)

To get the swirl, I really think it would've worked better if you had used a round mold. The key seems to be for the rings to touch the mold in some places, but not all. ....the corrugated surface keeps the color rings from show dark.

An idea occured to me ... what if you were to use your mold like a cookie cutter & then use a butter knife (or something similar) to cut away part of the courrageted edge leaving a simicircular edge for the other 1/2 of the ring? Hope that makes sense.