Wax for dipped bears

I tend to use leftover wax for dipping bears and if the left overs happen to be container wax then I mix half with parrafin so that the wax on the finished bear sets up and doesn't stay soft. Don't hang around once the bears are out of the pot, they start to set up quick. I always start to pick at the hands and feet first because they set up quicker for some reason, then the head, belly and back.

I bought some new bears recently and drowned one last night - he didn't turn out too bad, but he's just for me so I'm not too worried.

IMAG0039.jpg

HTH.

Sorry for blurred photo, used new phone and haven't got the hang of the camera yet lol.

Anjie,x.

I guess you could use a heat gun on low to work with areas that have already set up huh? Like just skim it lightly to heat to pinch areas to get them spiky if you wanted to? That is adorable! I want to try doing this soon for myself. These things are just too cute!! :)

Yep better to use a harder wax so they hold up better. If you do a search here you'll find tons of info including pics.

Angie- adorable bear! :) please tell me that you don't have him sitting directly on that leather furniture though-eek! That's a big no no if there's FO in the wax-dont want to ruin your furniture girl! ;)