Beginner needs advice...

Hello everybody,

I am new to candlemaking and this forum, so I hope this message goes to the right board..:)

as said I started experimenting with candles last weekend and I am quite excited - I am making pure soy wax container candles and after a week of testing the last ones have turned out pretty nice. The first ones were terrible... but I have to thank this forum, I read the past messages and got help - now the wet spots are almost gone (the containers in the oven trick) and the top cracking is managable with a blow-dryer...:) So thanks!

But now I have a question about FOs - I ordered them from Save on Scents - I haven't seen anyone mention this supplier in this forum.. Has anyone used their scents? They seem to be ok, but not too good hot throw and it smells kind of "medicine like" when burning...:embarasse I have tried out a couple of FOs so far (burned them) - waiting for the soy to cure as learned here with the rest... but the first impressions are not the best ones, I was hoping for more...

I read people praising Peaks and Natures Garden, etc. - but they don't ship internationally:( (I live in Estonia)

Any advice?

Thanks,

Eva

Welcome to the board. I can't help you with the your fragrance problems (with Save On scents) but what type of scents are you burning? Sometimes when you burn fragrances that have citrus in them they can give off a fuel smell. Maybe something like this is going on with you. And some people are sensitive to it and others aren't.

Thanks,

the scents were vanilla + orange and lilac with a hint of vanilla and musk (I mixed them myself) The lilac mixture is better, but still, when you stand above it, there is a weird undertone to the smell... can't quite explain it...:embarasse