Trying to narrow down these 3 sources for a Perfume base:

tarynjms

Can anyone shed some light as to how to choose which one of these will hold scent better, not keep an overwhelmingly strong smell of alcohol that overpowers the fo?

Do any of you love any of these & do you use a 20% FO load? I see SO MANY people stating that they use 50% FO load. I think that is too much.

I guess I will test & sample each of these & see what I think, as with everything else: test, test, test. I was just hoping that I could get some opinions. Thank you.

KY: Body/Linen Spray: $16.45 gallon

FDA approved SD Alcohol, Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Bensophenone-2.

SnowddriftFarms:16 oz/$11.95 32 oz/$19.95

SDA 40B 200 proof, isopropyl myristate, isopropyl alcohol

Synergy Scents: 16 oz./$11 32 oz./$15

SDA-40B (and) Water

SDA-40B (Specially Denatured Alcohol) This product consists of 90% SDA-40B 200 proof alcohol and 10% distilled water.

Snowdrift farms has a formulary section and I believe %'s as far as making cologne and perfume...

I have their perfumers alcohol, made a cologne and can still smell the alcohol.

Not sure if this is too helpful

SDF also has a chemist you can ask questions.

I'm curious about this, as I've never made perfumes before. What would be the benefit of using the Snowdrift, over the one at Synergy? Synergy is SDA40B alcohol & water,

Snowdrift is SDA40B alcohol and isopropyl myristate, isopropyl alcohol. What is the benefit of having the extra ingredients that are in Snowdrifts?

KY: Body/Linen Spray: $16.45 gallon

FDA approved SD Alcohol, Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Bensophenone-2.

SnowddriftFarms:16 oz/$11.95 32 oz/$19.95

SDA 40B 200 proof, isopropyl myristate, isopropyl alcohol

Synergy Scents: 16 oz./$11 32 oz./$15

SDA-40B (and) Water

SDA-40B (Specially Denatured Alcohol) This product consists of 90% SDA-40B 200 proof alcohol and 10% distilled water.

If you are planning to make true perfumes then you want nothing with water. Ky's base is not perfume base, it is a body splash base, two different things. The one from Snowdrift is going to make your best product. Not sure why Synergy Scents has 10% water, it's not needed and will certainly lower the ability to saturate the base with fragrances. The scents will completely blend into the Snowdrift version thus that is what I would go for. Any time water is added you may find separation. :)