help double wicking 16oz 3.5 diameter

I was wondering if anyone would share what works for them. I am starting to test a 16oz jar with a 3.5 diameter using C3 soy wax. I've tried double wicking with 2 ECO 4's and got almost a 1/2 inch melt pool after 3hrs no mushrooming but the flames dance real hard like a wind is blowing threw. I tried moving the jar to the bathroom with the door shut, same thing. The i tried 2 ECO 2's still dancing flames! I have a lot of LX wicks, was wondering what else to try?:confused:

Where are you filling it up to? I know I've seen it said many times, not to go into the area in the jar where it starts to come together to form the top curves and stuff. Are you going further than the straight parts? Maybe that's why you're candles dancing a lot? I don't know I'm a n00b, but could be?

No I wasn't filling it up past the curb. :confused: Is everyone else using 2 ECo 4's? what 2 LX wicks would work? maybe i have a house draft, that air purifier must really work good! But my single wicked candles don't dance like that:confused:

I actually rather not double wick but I've been testing a new wax C3 and can't get a descent melt pool with one wick. I tried using an lx26 and a HTP-1212 but got a lot of smoke and not a melt pool all the way across. When i was working with CB135 LX26 did the trick with just one wick!