Meadowfoam Seed Oil

cmspath

The only other reasonable place I've found is Essential Wholesale - they've got it for $17 for 16 oz. But I guy it by the gallon so it's close to Tony's 16 oz price.

Most others are around $45 - they're either just being outrageous, or they're selling the cold pressed/virgin. Never tried that stuff - I've read that unprocessed oil is green and smelly, but haven't verified thats true.

I really like meadowfoam oil. Here's the blurb I've written about it for my site:

When added to cosmetics and creams, meadowfoam oil re-moisturizes the skin in ways no other oil can. It's stable, non-greasy and rapidly absorbed and gives products a soft, smooth, silky feel whether it is on skin or hair. Research has recognized this oil for its outstanding oxidative stability. It is one of the most stable lipids known. Meadowfoam oil is so stable that it lends stability to other oils, thus it increases the life expectancy of lower life oils. It is often used as a binder, and it helps hold fragrances better in bath salts, soaps and massage oils. Meadowfoam oil is said to moisturize the skin and hair better than most oils, and it helps prevent moisture loss. In shampoos and hair care products, it helps add shine and moisture to the hair and scalp made dry and brittle by the harsh process of daily washing. In lipsticks and lip balms, it helps revitalize dry, cracked lips and keeps them moist longer. It provides good slip in massage oils and creams and is valued as a lubricant oil. In lipsticks and other makeup it provides adhesion so they stay on longer. It has a high tolerance for heat and is suitable for a wide range of applications.