Paypal Fees??

gloworm

New one on me and I'm a PP IPN user. There was a glitch in December, but it was fixed within a day when if you did a refund it kept the fees, but that was fixed, and money returned.

Now eBay on the other hand is increasing fees for items under... $25 I believe and lowering them the higher you go to balance out. EBay is implementing a whole new system essentially, but that has nothing to do with PayPal's fees.

But it's also not as widely known, nor does it allow you to purchase without an account, which for me I personally hate, because I don't want to have to get accounts on a site, then turn around and get an account just to pay a site. It's not always cheaper, depending on what you do with your business, like partial payments and such for wholesale accounts the require upfront fees and such.

They also charge YOU if there is a chargeback from a fraudulent account ($10 I believe), so if they screw up and take a flagged card, they pass it on to you. (They do say if YOU are found liable, but since you don't even see the credit information.....)

Refunds (unless it's changed within the last 6 months or so) still have the initial fees taken out, whereas PayPal refunds the whole thing.

I'm a Google nut, I love love love Google, except their checkout. They have so many hidden fees, it's nuts. It's true, you may never have to see them, but depending on what you do, it can be pretty costly.

Did they change it? I thought the buyer did not have to have an account to use it? Oh well, there goes that idea! Thank goodness I have a merchant account too (which collects dust 90% of the month because buyers are so paypal crazy.)

There was a time I absolutely refused to take Paypal, and come to think of it business was not affected. If Paypal did indeed raise their fees, I am enforcing the merchant account and only taking direct credit card payments, at least my rates are fixed (and lower) there.

Well seeing as no one else has heard this and after checking out the paypal site we are thinking that the postmaster may have been talking about Ebay increases and since the 2 companies are owned by the same people he may have confused the two. Hope so. Sorry if this caused any confusion.

Glo