Naturewax P-2 new Pillar wax

Hot DANG!! PLEASE get some and let us know how it works for you - I have been waiting to see what Tim was talking about several months ago...*super banana* I have saved a little of my P1 to do a side-by-side comparison when I lay my hands on some... 'Course that'll all depend on whether anyone close to me decides to carry it...:rolleyes2

I dont think its what in it that makes a difference, I think its the way its made. There are a lot of pure soy waxes out there that act different than others. That is because they are hydrogenated a different way. If that makes sense. :confused:

Just like the way we are able to manipulate the wax by tempering it, pouring at different temps. etc

I don't know about you guys, but after the awful times I had with both V1 and P1, I don't even think I'd chance ordering this stuff- plus buying 25 lbs at a time just to experiment is a lot of dough... or maybe I read it wrong?

Now if they offered free 1 lb samples to those who were disatisfied with P1 and V1, that'd be cool... lol. One can dream...

I absolutely plan to try it. V1 and P1 were consistently tough waxes to pour. C3 has been a consistently decent container blend for us. Apparently NatureWax is trying to improve their formula. What would cause me to NOT want to test a manufacturer's new product would be if they had a lot of batches in the past of inconsistent quality. Inconsistency is my big peeve. If a manufacturer cannot put out a product that is consistent, it isn't even worth the bother of testing. NatureWax has not been that way in my experience, so I will be happy to test their new formula! :yay:

I just got back from picking up a 5lb bag from Genwax. The store manager there showed me their test candles and I was blown away. He set down two purple 2.5x6" pillars one made with P1 and the other made with P2. The one with P1 had a huge crack down the side and plenty of white frost on the outside to go with it. The p2 had no frosting what so ever and no cracks either. I asked him if they had done any test burns yet, but he said no. Thats where the truth will come out, cause the blooming and frosting comes after the burn as well the the p1.

I made a pillar last night. This is a 3x3.5" pillar. Used 13oz P2 wax with .75oz Rain Water FO from candlescience, 4 drops ECO Artic Blue liquid Dye and its wicked with a #2 square braided raw wick.

I usually dont color my soy, but for the purpose of testing this new p-2, I went ahead and colored it.

As you can see, it is very very smooth, with no frosting or cracking. :yay: I will test burn tonight and over the weekend and post all pics on Monday for you.

post-763-139458442033_thumb.jpg

Sorry guys, I ended up going out of town for the weekend. I tested a few power burns and I have to say I am pretty impressed.

No frosting or buldging out of the sides, no cauliflower look after the wax set back up. But I did get a smal hairline crack right in the middle a couple of times after the wax set back up. I am sure this can be fixed though, but the best thing is that there is no frost what so ever.

post-763-139458442071_thumb.jpg

post-763-139458442077_thumb.jpg

post-763-139458442079_thumb.jpg

post-763-139458442082_thumb.jpg

Here the candle is about half way burned down now. I went ahead and did a 12hr all day long power burn just to see if i would have any blow outs. No blow outs or leaking occured, but a small piece of the outer shell broke off. The candle set back up beautifually with no frosting. I am still getting a small crack in the center after it sets up. So far this new P2 has got my vote.

post-763-139458443096_thumb.jpg