A crazy recipe!

I saw this on another board for candle making and thought I would post it here to get your reaction. The board is SMF and it was a recipe someone put up. It seems crazy to me for several reason, most important being I thought zinc wicks didn't work well in Soy Wax.

10.15 EZSoy Container Flakes (I have never used this, is it good?)

4.55 CB135

1.45 Cierra's Candles FO Chocolate Brownie

6 drops of brown liquid dye

3 1/2" wide by 5" tall jar

wicked with w60-44-18Z <---- what the hell???!! Is that good?

That seems overwicked... but that could just be me. I mean, I know there are some sites out there that recommend this wick for that size. Maybe it's the soy? But doesn't that burn *easier* than paraffin?

(Don't mind my ramblings, I'm sorta curious myself, since I have no experience in soy, I'm not exactly a resource.)

I've always used zinc's w/ soy & EZ Soy was what I used. Not something you see recommended for natural waxes, because zinc's burn cool. I don't know what the benefit would be to blend those waxes & I've never used those fo's, but for that size jar I would start w/ a 60z & possibly even go up to a 62z to get a full mp. It certainly isn't the gospel, but it's a good starting point that probably isn't too far off.

Susan.