Environmentally Responsible Wax Melt Packaging

This is one of my biggest "issues" with my packaging for candles & melts.

It is possible to get bio-degradable cello wrap but I haven't tracked down a U.K supplier as yet...the search continues.

What do other folk use as alternatives to plastic wrapping?

Sally.

I always thought that cello was biodegradable or am I mistaken? I use shrink wrap for my melts and votives but I'm not too happy using it as you can't recycle it.

I like your idea of using tissue to wrap them. Maybe film fronted paper bags are an answer.

Interestingly I just took that test and I scored 2.9 The average in the UK is 5.3. I was quite surprised as I thought it would be high.

Ruby x

Film fronted bags sound good but if they are filled some time before selling, the film front will get marked by the wax.

I keep my scent samples in little self seal bags & thats what happens with them.

I have found this place

http://www.normanknights.com/bags/cellophane_bags.htm

they have a minimum order of 1000 bags per size but I don't know what their postage charges are.

I think I'll give them a call tomorrow.

HTH Sally.x

Sally, I use little plastic round containers that twist together, for my scent samples. I call them sniffie pots and they're easy to carry round in your handbag. I got mine from the bead making section at Hobbycraft. They cost £1.99 for a set. I think you get six. I got mine when they had a 3 for 2 offer.

Ruby x

• 1 month later...
Just an outside thought for those who want to be greener - what about collecting or using the brown recycled paper from grocery bags?

You'd get a pair of scrapbooking scissors and cut out the desired shape and use a label to tie it together. It'd leave the ends open for sniffing, and provide a peek at the colors, but would not only be made from recycled material, but also is continually recycleable itself.

Check out this store, they have biodegradable pla bags. http://greenearthofficesupply.stores.yahoo.net/celbagligwei.html

Kathy F.