Wicking

I've been testing my containers today. I made 2 16oz one with 2 wicks with 51c and the other with just 1 51c. I burned them for 7 hours, the one that has the double wick just had full melt pool at the 7 hour mark. The single wicked one was still 1 inch from the sides. I am using IGI 4786, no additives. Does the second and 3rd burn make a full melt pool faster? Do you think I need to wick up? With 16oz jars do you always have to double wick?

Also I did 2 10oz jars same wax one jar I used 44c and the other was 51c. They both seemed to burn the exact same but just looked like they were burning 1/2" from the sides after 7 hours. I switched to the 51z's for both of them, they seem to be burning better, but I thought the cotton ones burn hotter? Do I wait for the second and 3rd burn to see if the hang up goes away? And why does it take so long to get a full melt pool?

What is the next size up if I choose to wick up?

I don't know anything about testing containers...how long should I burn them? Do I do a continous burn till a full melt pool? The scent is good I getting really good throw. I'm just wondering on how to test the burn properly.

Are the 16 0zers apothecary? If so, one 51 wick will not be large enough. It's been a long time since I used the 4786, but most waxes in that large a container will need to be wicked with a 60z or 60c, or perhaps a cd18 or 20. I only use cd wicks now.

Pam R