Lonestar fo Reviews

evesorto

I just got done checking out my Lonestar Samples in Wax

I used igi 4627, fo @ 10%, 2 oz jar with an eco 2 wick.

The candles were small, so I tested in rooms that averaged 10'x12'. I am scoring throw on a scale of 1-10.

I lit the candles and checked back after 15 min. If the room was infused, I would rate the candle a 10. If the room had a light scent, I checked back 15 minutes later, and so on and graded accordingly.

Tuberose. I really liked this scent. It was very strong....I gave it a 10 for throw. Price was very good too....I think it's about 16, wheras WSP is $32.

Tuscan Herb. This scent threw very well....a 10 for sure. I've smelled another Tuscan Herb from FOH, which I felt was better....The two TH are not twins. Although somewhat different, I may stick with CS Asian Amber if I want an herb type scent.

Mango. This had a great throw too. A 10! A straight mango...very true to the fruit. But still the only mango for me is WSP Mango Sorbet.

Choc Chip Cookie Dough. This was a very strong oil.....threw phenomenally (10). Just as good as FOH but better price

Apple Strudel. I think this may be the best apple strudel that I've smelled. It had it's own little something....it threw outrageously...a 10.

Sensual Amber. This one was different than FOH. I've never smelled the original, so I don't know which is the "dupe". Still, prefer the FOH amber blush. It threw ok....I gave it an 8. This may be closer to AH's sweet amber musk (but not as good as AH)

Oakmoss. This threw great. A 10. It's just like Tony's...only a lot less money. I reallly liked it.

Red Currant. I didn't love this one. I'm use to the votivo type. This was more fruity and throw was just ok....I gave it a 7.

Angel. This was weak. I couldn't get it to throw. I tried eco, lsz and rrd. I will let it sit/cure and check again. But I dont' have a good feeling about this. So far the only "Angel" for me is Interlude from AH.

Nag Champa. This threw great for me....a definite 10! This may be the nicest nag that I've smelled so far.

Lonestar has competitive prices and reasonable shipping. Just one thing that didn't make sense to me.....the one ouncers were in amber glass, while the 4 ouncer was in plastic bottle. I would prefer the larger in the glass bottle and the smaller in plastic bec I will probably use the smaller very quickly and the larger may sit for awhile....just my thought.

Eve

Nope.........

not if there's a dish in my sink.

or a one ounce sampler in my cabinet.

and the scary thing is that I have 20 or more samples coming this week....

and once I'm done testing, I can't just let them sit (I hate clutter)....I have to make tarts or something....

Eve

Thanks for the reviews, maybe I'll try some other from them.

Personally I prefer the larger sizes in plastic, from any company. Then you can put flip tops on them (if your have some that fit). The glass doesn't squeeze :(

I tried Lonestar early on. I liked their scents in the 1oz amber bottles, but somehow the scents didn't do as well in the plastic bottle.

Curious as to what you mean "didn't do as well"... did they lose their scent or go bad or eat the plastic or something?

I've only bought 2 one lb FOs from them, but didn't have any problem with the plastic bottles...wondering if there is something in particular I should be looking for....

I've had a couple from Lone Star that didn't work real well, for me, but I've also had some that have done really well - Pink Carnation, Rainforest Blossoms, White Tea & Ginger, Summer Sorbet come to mind immediately. Their Tiare Flower is way strong in soy, and makes a nice scrub, too. I've gotten good results with oils packed in both the amber glass and white plastic bottles, and I like Lone Star because they're just up the road - I generally get stuff here the day after I order it.

Thanks for the reviews, maybe I'll try some other from them.

Personally I prefer the larger sizes in plastic, from any company. Then you can put flip tops on them (if your have some that fit). The glass doesn't squeeze :(

Curious as to what you mean "didn't do as well"... did they lose their scent or go bad or eat the plastic or something?

I've only bought 2 one lb FOs from them, but didn't have any problem with the plastic bottles...wondering if there is something in particular I should be looking for....

The scents on the glass bottles had a better true smell of what I had ordered vs the plastic bottle. The plastic seemed to have a much more fake scent. I know that sounds crazy, since the scents are a fake in a sense.:)