Wicking Palm Pillars help

I searched and can't find enough info on wicking Palm pillars. I have some 3 inch diameter palm pillars I need a starting point from whick to start testing wicks. I have CDs, LXs, and some paper core wicks to try. Can I use any of these?

I have found info on using CSNs and CDs in containers but not pillars. I am using crystal palm pillar wax.

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

I've had success with LX24. You can use this as a starting point. I've wicked up to the LX26, but after a 10 hour marathon test burn, it was too much wick for the candle and nearly burned through the side above the flame.

It really depends on the fragrance oil and color you are using, and testing is the only way you will know for sure which wick will be ideal for you. I've only tested in no color and ivory.

Good Luck! :cheesy2:

Ann

You're welcome. One thing I forgot to mention, if you use pretabbed wicks, it's easier to pull out of the bottom of the candle if you want to change the wick size. Simply blow out the candle, wait a couple of minutes, then pull the wick out and insert a new wick. Once you know what wick successfully works for your candles, you can use the untabbed method and wick your candle when you pour.

Thanks Ann. That was my plan. I have some pre-tabs to test. Once I get my wicking right I'll go with the untabbed.

I can hardly wait to test these they smell so yummy. I made Black Cherry (CS); Sun Washed Linen (CS); and Patchouli (Fillmore). They all smell incredible. This particular wax just popped right out of the molds too. Didn't have to add anything but dye and FO.

But I am too embarassed to show you pics. My repour needs.. um.. some work. :rolleyes2