Need help with 1239

Hi everyone. I am using 1239 for the first time because I can get it local. I pulled up a page in the search section and still confused. :shocked2: This page says not to use additives except vybar for smooth candles.

http://www.candlesupply.com/IGI1239.html

First pillar poured hot at 1/2 ounce, came out mottled but was oily and used a paper towel. Second pillar, added 2 tbl. stearic per lb and poured cool for rustic and it came out smooth with pinholes but not oily. Anyone have experience with this wax? I am clueless.

Thanks everyone

Billie

I haven't used it but... It's a straight paraffin meaning it has no additives. It doesn't actually say you can't use any other additives. Just like any straight paraffin, different additives, pouring temps and assorted other variables will give you different results. What you add or don't add depends on what kind of finished candle you want.

You'll notice on the left side of that page.... they state that it's a general guideline and your results will vary...

If you mention what kind of finished candle you want, you'll probably get some suggestions to help you get there :)

Thanks Satin D. I have used 4045 with no problems but I'm having problems with this one. I use stearic and pour hot for mottled, cold for rustic and vybar for smooth. I'll keep experimenting. Maybe not enough stearic?

Thanks for the reply