new samples, % ?

Hey Everyone!

I just got some of my FO samples in and am ready to play! I want to stretch them to 2 pillars if at all possible :rolleyes2 .....

So, in 1343 or 1274 wax how does peaks Love Spell, Raspberry Truffle, and Black Raspberry Vanilla do? Can I do 1/2 oz instead of a full oz per lb on any of these three FOs or should I just go with the whole bottle and do 1oz per 1b?

TIA!

Jen

I don't know anything about that particular wax, but I think if you cut it in half like that you'll be disappointed with the scent. Trying to stretch things and cut corners when it comes to candle making will lead to disappointment. It's better to just go ahead and use full strength then you will be happy with the outcome and won't feel you've wasted anything.

HTH :-)

Thanks for the feedback.

I know that Peaks FOs are pretty strong and that paraffin sometimes throws better with a lower % than soy (I usually use soy containers). I thought I had read a post where someone said 1/2 oz was plenty, so thought I would check. I searched but couldn't find the post.

I don't mind using the whole bottle, that's what I had planned on doing when I ordered. But I didn't want to use too much if it would be obnoxiously strong!

Well, to me Love Spell is a strong scent so you might get away with cutting back on that one, but I agree with the other comments, whenever I have used less I am not happy with the scent throw. I use 1343 most all the time.