the old cold vs hot

Jo Ann

well a little over a month ago, i put the same ingredients together to make one pound of hot and one pound of cold process soap to compare. today i was getting them out of the box lid i keep them in (open to air) and found the cold process had gone rancid. the hot process is fine. anyone ever see this

You'll need to list your recipe, so we have a clue as to what oils, etc. you used. :cool2: It could be anything from using short shelf life oils that were rancid when you made the soap, or you put fruit, veggies, etc. into the recipe that turned rancid........no clue till we see your ingredients list.

What do you mean by rancid? Does it stink, is it moldy, what is the problem with it? Can you post pictures? Recipes and pictures would help us to figure out what the problem is. Did you use any fresh food as ingredients, fresh herbs, milk, yogurt, etc?

I know you had a post about a month ago about shelf life of soap, does this have anything to do with that batch?