New & Looking for where to start!!

Hi, My name is Becca! I just started and bought from a lady going out of business a SMALL supply of soap making supplies. I know I need more and I'm trying to get everything together and know what to do as I want to turn this into a small business. She even had a small amount of candle making supplies in her Soap Supplies.

So since I'm set on Soap, maybe(?)....I'm trying to see what I need in Candle making...I have some wax, a few molds and really that is all!!

Any advice would be appreciated!!:o

You can always find a wealth of info here, but you should try and decide what type of candles you want to make. Sounds like you have molds for pillars or votives, and perhaps have wax appropriate for it.

Since soapers typically use scent, you may want to go towards the scented container candles. If you ara a creative/artsy type, you may enjoy making pillars with layers and scents. You could peruse the Gallery section to see pics of other chandler's creations, and get good ideas.

Welcome again from the Mad Scientist!

Backin' geekrunner. You should look at what you want to make or have an interest in making. Tons of info at your finger tips lol! When just starting out, I always suggest a kit. You get a lot of the stuff that you need to get you on the right track, including, usually, step-by-step instructions. I wouldn't rush out and get a kit from any ol' place though. Most suppliers carry them. Kits you might find at craft stores or Wal-Mart etc. never had the best FO (fragrance oil) and most lacked directions, at leasat when I bought a few about 10 years ago.

Candle making Supplies:

Candle Magic:

Boil Bags

3 wick - container wicks

Wax crystals(red)

Yaley:

6 wick tabs

Candle Crafting:

GelWax - 2 partial jars

Molds- Clear(for soaps) & Blue(for candles)

WHO KNOWS! HELP!! :confused:

Bag of bottles(how do you tell what they are for?)

Small jars of glitter - 3

A block of 4 squares (thicker then soap mentioned above), wrapped in saran wrap.

Candy themonitor

Glass stirring stick

Well you are going to hate my answer, keep the stirring stick, mold and thermometer. Junk the rest and go buy you a good kit from a reputable candle supply company. Peak Candle Supplies http://www.peakcandle.com/ has some very nice kits at a reasonable price.

You really don't have enough there to do anything.

What I figured!!!! GRRR!!! :undecided Money wasted...oh, well...I learned a lesson!:wink2:

I will look at the kits! Thanks!