consignment sales

jennifer

Well, I just checked in with my first consignment account. And I am pleasantly surprised since I honestly had no expectations with sales. I went in figuring that if I sold something wonderful cause my only expense was driving over there to deliver. And if I didn't sell well that was okay too but I already knew that my products sell fairly well in that area. She told me which products she would like to see more of and just requested that I call ahead when I come out with them so that she can cut a check for what was already sold.

So chin up for those considering consignment but worried about some of the negative feelings out there.

Jennifer

Congratulations. I do lots of consignment. People want to wholesale my product but don't like the risk of a new product. They typically consign for a few months and then go wholesale. One of my brand new wholesale accounts called the day I delivered and said she sold out. She said one woman came in and bought every bar of soap, all of the tarts, and all 12 of the tart warmers I left. She was Christmas shopping and thought she had hit the jackpot when she found my items.

I don't do consignment at all. I want my money upfront so my money can work for me. Product sitting on a shelf isn't making me any money. When I'm paid upfront I can turn around and reinvest that money. I dont have minimums on wholesale so most start off very small........around 100 dollars and we work from there. I'm not condoning consignment but it just doesn't work for me in my area. I'm glad consignment can work for you......good luck.

I don't do consignment at all. I want my money upfront so my money can work for me. Product sitting on a shelf isn't making me any money. I'm glad consignment can work for you......good luck.

Agree totally...Now that I am established, I do wholesale only.

Jen.. When I first started my business, consignment worked for me and got my name out to the public.. :grin2:

I only had one bad consignment deadbeat. :mad:

That was enough for me...:rolleyes2

I do continue business with one of my very first consignment accounts.

She is wonderful. Her inventory is always right, she sells lots, and pays on time. :yay:

Good luck, consignment can be profitable..