First try at a rustic

sassy906

Thank you everyone for the nice comments on my first rustic.

Toni S. for the wax I just bought a slab of Yaley's paraffin at my local craft store. I did not add stearic (because at the time I didn't have any lol). I was able to obtain some of the matted features and a little bit of frost and so gloss. The temp for the first pour was 150, then I just kept adding about 5 degrees. Believe it or not I started out with just two colors Peak's coral/peach liquid dye. It was to be light peach and a darker coral, but, some how it ended up with four colors:laugh2:

Trying tomorrow to do one in greens and then in blues

Thanks E. Yours are beautiful. :drool: Yes I know that I have to use stearic, just didn't have any when I attempted the first one. I will be trying one today with stearic and keeping my fingers and toes crossed that it comes out half as nice as yours

Thanks E. Yours are beautiful. :drool: Yes I know that I have to use stearic, just didn't have any when I attempted the first one. I will be trying one today with stearic and keeping my fingers and toes crossed that it comes out half as nice as yours

The stearic makes a huge difference. The trick is learning the right moment to pour the next layer. The wax has to be firm enough to support the new layer, but not too firm or the layers won't adhere properly. I wait 10 minutes, color and heat the next layer, let it cool and then pour.

You are on your way! Good luck with the next one.

e